Healing Path FarmOwner: Louis and Terri Salguero
5055 Barnett Shoals Rd
Athens, GA 30605
daytime phone: 7062241708
Application Date: 2011-11-20
- Please briefly tell us why you are applying to be part of the Certified Naturally Grown program:
- Would like to be part of the better way of growing produce for a healthy life style
- Are you currently third party Certified for your produce operation by any other organization (Organic, Biodynamic, etc)?
- Have you ever been certified in the past?
- Have you ever been denied certification?
- How did you hear about Certified Naturally Grown?
- talking to some farmers that are members
General Farm Information
Farm Acreage you want listed as Certified Naturally GrownTM:
- Total Farm Acreage you actually GROW on:
- Number of above acreage that you own:
- Number of above acreage that you lease:
- Do you have other acreage in "Conventional" Agricultural Systems?
General Listed Acreage Breakdown
- Veg Crops:
- Fruit Crops:
- Other Acreage:
- Please check all items you grow and will market as Certified Naturally GrownTM
- Please Specify Any Other Items:
- Please check all markets you grow for (this will be displayed on your farm profile to help potential buyers find you).
- Please Specify Other Markets:
Farmland Management and Practices
- Primary Tillage System:
- Do you use Cover Crops?
- If yes, please list:
- Do you use Compost?
- Do you use Manure?
- If yes, please note general sources (local dairy, horse farm, etc.):
- goat manure
- Please list application rates. Give a specific amount or range (for example: one to two tons per acre, ten wheelbarrow loads per 1,000 square feet, or 1-2 inches deep). Do not answer "varies".
- 300 lbs/acre
- What time of year do you apply the manure?
- Do you apply any non-composted Manure within 120 days of veg-crop harvesting?
- Please list any other brought in fertility sources that you use (specific rock powders, lime, soybean / alfalfa meal, specific purchased pre-mixes, etc)and how often it's used. If you indicate a name brand product, please also specify the ingredient/s.
- Have any chemical fertilizers been applied to the fields you are seeking Certification for in the last three years (36 months)?
- Have any non-acceptable pesticides and/or herbicides been applied to these fields in the last 3 years?
- Do you use Professional Soil Testing services?
- Describe your primary weed problems AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual weed challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used.
- weeds are removed by hand
- Describe your primary insect challenges AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual pest challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used.
- squash bug - catch and dispose
- Describe your primary disease challenges AND methods of control. Do not answer "none". You MUST indicate either actual disease challenges and/or LIKELY challenges, and you must ALSO indicate how you manage (or would manage) them. If you indicate a product, also specify how often it's used.
- none. If problems are encountered we use mechanical removal or an organic product.
- Please list the water source you use for crop irrigation. If source is public river, pond or lake, please note the name:
- presently city water
- Are there any known contaminants in the irrigation water?
- Are you a maple producer who seeks to certify your sugarbush?
Seeds, Transplants and Buffers
- Do you purchase or grow using any Genetically Modified seeds?
- Do you use any chemically treated seeds in your operation?
- Do you grow your own transplants?
- Do you purchase any transplants from outside sources?
- From which sources do you buy transplants?
- This past season we purchased from local vendors - all for personal consumption. Moving forward we will purchase all transplants that meet CNG standards.
- How have you confirmed with your supplier that the transplants are grown without synthetic fertilizers or wetting agents?
- Please list any bought-in transplants not grown according to CNG standards. This produce may not be sold as Certified Naturally Grown (except, in the case of perennials, after twelve months of CNG cultivation).
Chemical/Spray Drift and Buffers:
- Is there any likelihood of Chemical/Spray drift contamination of your fields?
- Do you have an adequate buffer to protect yourself from potential contamination?
- Please describe your buffer. Be as specific as possible. On all sides, how far is it from your crops to the next closest use (road, conventional crop, residential yard)? Be sure to specify what is grown on neighboring land that is in agricultural use. For example: To the north and east, a wooded area of at least 100 yards separates us from the neighbor's corn fields, to the south is a fallow field at least 100 yards deep separating us from the road, and to the west about 60 feet separates our crops from a field where conventional corn and soybeans are grown.
- We have woods and unused pastures to the south of our property and to the north pasture for horses. To the east we have more woods and to the west we have a main road and more woods. about 600 feet from road.
Please indicate your agreement with the following statements by checking the boxes.
- I will not label, or in any way lead consumers to believe that produce not raised in accord with CNG standards is Certified Naturally GrownTM.
- I understand that I have to complete at least one (and hopefully more) Certification Inspection(s) of another farm in my area each year, and that the inspection will NOT be of the same farmer that inspected me.
- I have reviewed the Certified Naturally Grown certification standards, I understand them, and I will abide by them. I understand that if I have any questions I may contact CNG for clarification.
- You may use this space to tell us anything else you think we should know about your farm: