The Grassroots Fund was established to lower the cost of CNG certification for beginning farmers, those hit by unusual hardship, such as extreme weather or physical injuries, and others who have difficulty paying the minimum dues required for CNG certification. Farmers who can’t cover the minimum dues of $150 may apply for a waiver to cover their dues through the Grassroots Fund.
CNG farmers know how to be there for one another in times of need. You too can chip in so that farmers facing unusual hardship can catch a break and not have to pay their certification dues until they’re back on their feet.
Where does the money come from? Primarily donations from other CNG farmers, and people like you.
Donations to CNG support the growth of community-based sustainable agriculture and are not tax deductible.
DONATE VIA CHECK
Certified Naturally Grown
PO Box 153
Temple, NH 05084
To be eligible to receive Grassroots Funds, farmers must:
- already have CNG certification, or
- have completed an online application for CNG certification.
Please think carefully about whether you might cover your dues using a payment plan before applying for a waiver; Grassroots Funds are limited.
Priority is given to farmers who:
- are in their first three years of operation, or
- are facing unusual hardship like extreme weather, physical injury, recent job loss
- lost major markets – like restaurant sales – due to the pandemic
- have a track record of meeting CNG requirements in a timely manner (for returning members)
- will benefit from certification
- are recommended by other CNG farmers
- are willing to promote CNG in their local community.
To apply for assistance from the Grassroots Fund, follow these three steps:
- Submit a short statement that includes the following information:
- the name of your farm,
- how long you’ve been farming,
- a brief description of your farm, history, and/or anything special about you and your farm,
- why you’re requesting financial assistance from the Grassroots Fund,
- why it’s important to you that your farm is a part of CNG,
- the dollar amount you’re able to contribute
- Sign a Declaration.
- Send your Application Statement to Certified Naturally Grown via email: email@example.com or mail: PO Box 153, Temple, NH 03084